Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Promise of Spring


Spring is on the move! It is so exciting to see the trees budding, the grass greening, and new life springing up everywhere. With this new life comes hope - hope of change, hope of growth.



I can see new life springing up in our family as vividly as I do outdoors. I have finally tackled some household tasks I just couldn't bring myself to face in the dreary wintertime. When the sun is shining I am a woman with a purpose! My spring is going to include some planting this year; I'm so excited for my first vegetable garden. I can't wait to show my kids how tiny seeds turn into huge plants that then produce food to eat. All of the patience and waiting and work produce good fruit. This is an excellent lesson for them (and for me). If I am patient and wait on God and do the work required of me, He will produce good fruit in my own life.

2 comments:

Crafty Christina said...

I couldn't agree with you more. Spring feels like a re-birth for me. Not just for flowers and the weather, but for my soul.

Alison said...

I'm excited to see how the garden turns out! I really enjoy having a garden. I'm going to forego it this year since we are going to try and sell the house. I'm going to have enough trouble keeping the inside of the house clean! I'm sure the garden would suffer. :-) I'll live vicariously through you. :-)