Friday, August 28, 2009

Family Night

My new favorite way to spend a rainy Friday night:

Breakfast for dinner


Board games with the kids


Oh yes, and cantaloupe from the garden (this is NOT to be confused with cantaloupe from the grocery store, which by comparison is about like licking a rock)


Some restraint is required on my part to play board games with children, but it really helps when I actually LIKE the games we're playing! No Candyland around here - I'd rather eat a box of live snapping beetles! Ok, that's an exaggeration (is there even such an insect?), but I'm so glad we've moved on to some better games. Some of our family favorites at the moment are Monza, Tsuro, Treehouse, Incan Gold, Crazy 8's, Go Fish, and the one in the photo is Pandemic (not really a children's game, but the kids can tolerate it for a time).

How did you spend your Friday night?

3 comments:

Crafty Christina said...

I love breakfast for dinner! I wish my family agreed with me, so we could have it more often. I'm not a big board game person either. Piper loves Monopoly and it takes some convincing before I agree to a 3 hour marathon with it!

Have a great weekend!

Alison said...

Ok, so I've never even heard of most of those games! Sounds like it was a wonderful evening. I can't even remember what we did. My mom came in town and I went to bed early to get ready for the tri on Saturday. That's all I can think of! Pretty low-key.

Amy said...

Okay good - so I'm not crazy about the weekend thing! :)